Sunday, April 26, 2015

Academic Update #3

Progress in my classes has been achieved, and as I had promised to blog after such had been done, here I am to tell you all about it.
As I said in my second academic update, Chapter 9 did indeed prove to be the easiest chapter. Alex and I finished off of a single lesson with Mr. Davidson after school, and we look to move on to the final chapter next week. After the brutal chapter 8 it felt very good to zoom through a chapter as fast as we did. It gave me personally a sense of motivation as it was quick progress on our board of standards, and for chapter 10, we are going straight to Mr. D in an attempt to replicate what we did this chapter. We will have the last chapter done in the next two weeks at most, and then begin work on our final. In math we are moving at a steady and thankfully far faster pace than before, and I feel that we will finish this year strongly.
In English however, there is a little less positivity towards the subject and far more seriousness. I had spent far too much time working on math and my Anthem essay, and now find myself with very little time to finish this literary analysis paper, along with several sitting responses, paragraph level argumentations, and a discipline specific paper all before the end of the year. But, with careful planning and well spaced time I fully believe that it can be done. Last week I outlined my paper over the book Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad, and got a body paragraph done along with my intro. This week will be stressful, but after it is over I will have made great strides towards finishing the list I made above. This week I plan to not only finish my essay, but get three sitting responses done. This will require dedication and time, but as long as I have both it can be, and will be, completed. Also during this week I recently decided to create a list of the standards I need to knock off the board before the end of the year, and will be putting those standards into the work I complete in an effort to furhter organize my English end-of-year strategy. After Chapter 10 and my essay are completed I will get back to you on how my experiences in those things went, along with a plan for how to finish off my year in Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment